Download the CSX700 Processor Datasheet
Download the Software Reference Manuals
The CSX700 is designed to solve the Size, Weight and Power requirements which dominate high performance embedded applications.
By integrating processing, system interfaces and on-chip memory with error-correction the CSX700 brings cost, reliability and performance advantages that solve leading edge system requirements.
- 250MHz core clock frequency
- 96 GFLOPS single or double precision
- 75 GFLOPS sustained double precision DGEMM
- 48 GMAC/s integer performance
- 9W typical power dissipation
- 192 Gbytes/s internal memory bandwidth
- 2 x 4 Gbytes/s external memory bandwidth
- 4 Gbytes/s chip-to-chip bandwidth
Each CSX700 processor contains:
- Dual independent Multi-threaded SIMD array processors (MTAP); each containing 96 processing elements
- PCIe x16 host interface
- 2 x 64-bit DDR2 DRAM interface with ECC support
- 256 Kbytes on-chip scratchpad memory
- On-chip instruction and data caches
- ECC protection on all on and off-chip memory
- Host debug port
- 64-bit virtual, 48-bit physical addressing
- On-chip DMA controller
192 high-performance processing elements, containing:
- 32/64-bit FP Multiplier
- 32/64-bit FP Adder
- 128-byte register file
- 6 Kbytes of high bandwidth SRAM
- High speed I/O channel
- Integer ALU and 16-bit integer MAC
Designed for low power consumption, the CSX700 combines aggressive clock gating techniques, custom silicon design with a low operating frequency. Simple clock management enables maximum application performance within defined power and thermal envelopes.
The MTAP processor is a massively data parallel architecture with a high degree of replication for efficiency and reliability. Performance is achieved from the high level of internal parallelism. The architecture is suited to sophisticated signal and image processing in the time and frequency domains.
The CSX700 is supported by a suite of libraries and low-level driver software.
Manufactured by IBM, in the USA, the CSX700 is in production and available now for new designs.
Contact ClearSpeed for volume pricing information.
Please contact-us to receive further information or Request-a-Quote for detailed pricing information.